The Meeteetse Branch Library, located in the Meeteetse Schools, serves as a public library for both the town of Meeteetse and as a library for the school. We offer books, audio books, movies, CDs, public computers, and wireless Internet access.
The Meeteetse Library was started in the 1920s and housed in a small barracks building. In 1938 the library became a branch of the Park County Library System and moved into a room in the old Meeteetse School building. Following World War II a building from the Heart Mountain Relocation Center was moved to Meeteetse and used for the library until the new high school was built.
In 1961 the Library Board and School Board entered into a contract allowing for use of the present site as a branch library. Over the years this cooperative effort has benefited both entities. As budget situations have diminished, the school has evolved into a more active participant to support the library in providing service to Meeteetse residents.